Archive for the ‘Blogs’ Category
I received this letter from one of my clients.
“Pat please can you help me. I have a problem. I want to settle in my house but can’t. I don’t feel at ease and I have a lot of bad dreams. What can I do?”
Here is my remedy for an unsettled house.
1. Make a jug of a strong solution of salt water.
2. Recite an incantation or prayer over the water.
Here is an example but you can write your own if you prefer:
May this offering of the water of life and pure salt cleanse this space. May this house be cleansed and give forth contentment and fulfillment. I banish all dark entities and give space only to the goodness of light.
Speak the words in a meaningful way, your words are sacred and you need to speak them with fortitude because you are creating a powerful medicine to cleanse your home.
3. Walk around your home and sprinkle the water everywhere, in every corner while repeating your prayer over and over again.
4. Don’t forget to sprinkle the water across all your doorways, this will stop bad vibrations from entering again. You could mention the names of the people who are likely to be passing through the doorways so that you all feel comfortable entering the house, hopefully, strangers will be cleansed as they enter.
5. Once finished, adorn your house with flowers but do not allow dead flowers to stay in the house as they create bad Feng Shui.
6. Now you have a cleansed home you can increase the good Karma by burning some lovely herbal incense sticks.
7. You can then finish with crystals placed in your home. Carnelian by the front door invokes protection and invites abundance. Jade is for wealth and prosperity so it is a good stone to have on your desk and a rose quartz will create harmony and guard against arguments. For that peacefulness you desire at night you need to place a large piece of Selenite in the bedroom.
All of us would love to have personal power,
the power to manifest our dreams, the power
to remain calm and loving in the face of fear,
the power to stay centered in ourselves in
the face of attack.
Our society often confuses personal power,
"power within" - with "power over," which is
about controlling others.
There is a vast difference between personal power and control.
Personal power comes from an inner sense of security, from
knowing who you are in your soul, from having defined your
own intrinsic worth. It is the power that flows through you
when you are connected to and feel your oneness with a
spiritual source of guidance. It is the power that is the
eventual result of doing deep inner emotional and spiritual
work to heal the fears and false beliefs acquired in
Without this inner work to heal the beliefs that create our
limitations, we are stuck in our egos, our wounded selves.
The very basis of the ego is the desire for control, for
power over others and outcomes.
Our ego is the self we created to attempt to have control
over getting love, avoiding pain, and feeling safe. We
created our ego self in our attempt to protect ourselves
from the losses we fear – loss of self, loss of other, loss
of security, loss of face. As children, when we didn't get
the love we needed, we decided that our true Self must be
unlovable. In our attempt to feel safe, we buried our true
Self and created the false self – the ego, our wounded self.
The ego self then went about learning how to feel safe
through trying to control others and outcomes. The ego
believes that having control over how people see us and feel
about us, as well as over the outcome of things, will give
us the safety we seek.
Even if you do manage to have some control through anger,
criticism, judgment, or money, this will never give you
personal power. This will never fill you with peace and joy
and an inner sense of safety. Control may give you a
momentary sense of safety, but it will never give you the
deep sense of safety that comes from knowing your intrinsic
worth, the worth of your soul. As long as your safety and
worth are being defined by externals which can be temporary
– your money, your looks, your performance, your power over
others – you will feel anxious. We feel anxious when we
attach our worth and happiness to temporal things rather
than to eternal qualities, such as caring, compassion, and
For example, Walter is a man who has tremendous power over
others but no personal power. Walter has made millions as
the president of a large investment company. He has a lovely
wife, three grown children, and two beautiful homes. Yet
Walter is often anxious. He worries about losing his money.
He is easily triggered into anger when things don't go his
way and people don't behave in the way he wants. Because his
heart is not open, he is a lonely man.
Walter operates totally out of his ego self, believing that
having control through anger and money will bring him the
happiness and safety he seeks. Yet he has achieved
everything he believed would bring him happiness and safety
and what he feels most of the time is anxious and lonely.
Walter is empty inside. He has no sense of his true Self, no
sense of the beauty within him, no sense of his lovability
and intrinsic worth. His life is based on externals rather
then on the spiritual values of love, compassion, honesty
Personal power comes from embracing spiritual values rather
than just earthly values. It comes from making love,
kindness and compassion – toward oneself and others – more
important than power over others. It comes from doing the
inner work necessary to allow the soul to have dominion over
the body, rather than allowing the animal instincts of fight
or flight – the instincts of the body – to have dominion
over our choices. When the soul has dominion over the body,
you have the power to manifest your dreams, to stay centered
in the face of attack, to remain loving in the face of fear.
When the soul has dominion over the body, you have
tremendous personal power.
Copyright: © 2012 by Margaret Paul
Margaret Paul, Ph.D. is the best-selling author and co-
author of eight books, including "Do I Have To Give Up Me To
Be Loved By You?". She is the co-creator of the powerful
Inner Bonding healing process. Learn Inner Bonding now!
Visit her web site for a FREE Inner Bonding course:
mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org Phone sessions available.
What would you define as peace? Would you say it is when the kids have gone to bed and the house is quiet?
Would you say it is when the lights go out in your bedroom and you can relax into a deep sleep?
Perhaps you feel you are at peace when all the bills are paid or the shopping done?…Not really.
The trouble is that peace is not that easy to come by because, no matter how hard you try, there will always be something niggling at you……are the school uniforms ironed, have I got something for tea tomorrow, did I put the cat out?
Don’t worry, I believe that you should never look for peace let it find you.
Don’t look for any other state than the one you are in now… forgive yourself for not being at peace.
The moment you completely accept your non-peace, your non-peace becomes transmuted into peace.
Anything you accept fully will get you there and will give you peace.
So if you really want to be at peace with the World, accept what is and every moment will be the best moment.
That is what I call enlightenment.
Because the Internet makes it easy to help and interact with people, it’s possible to brighten peoples lives every day by just being there. Here are my ten top ways to help others or to help yourself on The Internet.
1. Why not go and visit a social networking site and actually start up a conversation with someone. I mean a real conversation not a sales pitch.
Try to notice something about them and encourage them to share as well.
2. Check out sites like personalopinion.co.uk where you could give your personal opinion on products and services to help people make the right choices.
3. Maybe you have just recovered from an illness? Find a forum dedicated to your specific illness and ask or answer questions to help put other’s minds at rest.
4. Passionate about something? Know a lot about it? Share that knowledge with The World on Wikipedia.org.
5. Thinking of having a boob job or maybe some cosmetic surgery? Find a forum and chat with people who have done it so that you can make an informed decision.
6. Started a new business and need a website quickly and cheap? Create a Facebook page, it costs nothing and is very easy to do.
7. Got a technical problem with your computer – you guessed it! Find a forum, you’ll get all the answers.
8. Bought a gadget on Ebay but there’s no owner’s manual. Just Google it and you’ll surely find the manual online.
9. Need a recipe for that special dinner party? Google it!
10. Have a special interest you’re passionate about? Join a dedicated network like our Tarot network where you can communicate with like minded people.
Hi, everyone Reiki is a simple and safe method of spirtual healing that benefits everyone. It has many benefits here are some of them:
General aches and pain
Headaches including migraines
General well being
Reiki is a natural therapy that gently balances life energies and brings health and wellbeing to the recipent.
Checkout my website for more info. www.tranquillity4all.vpweb.co.uk
love and light
At last my official blog website is actually finished. My intention of blogging for a living has become a reality.
Ok, what next?
The first thing I need to do is to go back over the archives and delete all my earlier muses.
In the early days, as is usual for blog virgins, my impression of a blog was something that no sane person would ever read or be interested in. So my first blogs were indulgent, grammatically terrible and some were even downright silly. Read the rest of this entry »